ETHOS is a new annual celebration of creativity, community, and design in Orange County. The event aims to showcase local creative talent that embodies the ethos of great design: problem solving, ideas, and execution.
HOW IT WORKS
- DOWNLOAD the submission form.
- SUBMIT one or more projects you or your team have worked on over the past 12-months that you're proud of.
- SPOTLIGHT awards will be given to specific projects that embody the ethos of great design: problem solving, ideas, and execution.
- CELEBRATE your work and the work of the community at our 'Celebration Evening' - details below -.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- DOWNLOAD the submission form. It's FREE!
- Fill out the submission template in Adobe InDesign. Export as PDF
- Email your submission to email@example.com
- SUBMISSIONS CLOSE: MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY 2ND NOVEMBER
ABOUT THE SPOTLIGHT AWARDS
- CRITERIA: We have a panel of judges from the AIGA network who will be looking through all the submissions and giving 'Spotlight Awards' to projects they feel meet the following criteria: "Does it solve a problem?" "Is it driven by an idea?" "Is it well executed?". Judges will be announced soon.
- COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT: We will also be recognizing members of Orange County's creative community who have made a significant impact and contribution to others in 2018.
- PROJECT GALLERY: Finally, at the 'Celebration Evening', we'll have select projects on-display for you to see up close and meet the Creatives behind the work.
THE CELEBRATION EVENING
- JOIN US for an evening of celebration as we show-off all the work that was submitted to us, announce the 'Spotlight Awards' and 'Community Spotlight', as well as display some of the work that was submitted to us for you to see up close.
- WHEN: Tuesday 13th November, 6pm - 8.30pm
- WHERE: FLDWRK Costa Mesa, 270 baket St E, Ste 200, Costa Mesa, CA
- FEE: This event is FREE and open to our whole community. Sign up and let us know you're coming. Bring a friend!
ABOUT THE BRANDING
The ETHOS branding was created in-kind by the amazing team at Batch Co-Working in Downtown Santa Ana. Specifically:
- Avo Adourian - November Press
- Sarah Armstrong - A Name Brand Co.
- Petre Spassov - PS Design
Please Note: Avo, Sarah, and Petre, all do awesome stuff and as a result may receive Spotlight Awards in this year's ETHOS. We're not judging so have no idea if they will. If they do, it's not because they received special treatment due to their involvement in the event branding.
ABOUT THE VENUE
Big thanks to FLDWRK for welcoming us to their Costa Mesa location. FLDWRK offer co-working spaces, start-up programs, and are on a mission to grow a local community of creative entrepreneurs working to advance good in the world. Learn more here: https://fldwrk.io/about/