The Typographic Challenge: how can one combine multiple typefaces and make them work together in a confined space?
TypeEd, the typography education team from LA, is joining up with AIGA OC to show you how to design the perfect, memorable spirit label.
You won't be double-aging in oak barrels in this intense eight-hour workshop fermented for design veterans. You’ll learn how to achieve typography clarity on a high-end spirit label like a boss and discover how to combine multiple typefaces for both classic and contemporary brands.
About This Workshop
- Typography Skill Level: Intermediate
- Adobe InDesign Proficiency: Intermediate
- Students will learn how to design hierarchy with multiple areas of copy and typefaces, graphic elements, typographic hierarchy and negative space.
- Have taken TypeEd's Type 2 or have at least 5 years of working experience plus formal design education
- Possess intermediate to advanced software skills
- 21 years or older
Please contact us for eligibility if you are unsure.
- Bring a USB flash drive. You can bring your own fully-charged laptop, or use the Macs available in the lab at Chapman.
- Have a version of Adobe InDesign software installed (A free trial of the Creative Suite can be found on Adobe’s Web Site.)
Please feel free to contact
Lauren Vajda with any questions about the workshop.
- Non-AIGA Members: $130
- AIGA Contributing and Supporting Members: $100
- AIGA Sustaining Members and above: $80
Please register for the event online. There are only 20 seats for this workshop, so be sure to book early and guarantee a spot!
Intrested in helping make this event happen? Please contact Lauren Vajda.