Sat, Mar 26, 2016
11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
270 Baker Street E
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Swashes. Tails. Flourishes. Ah, the wonders of scripts. If anatomy, geometry and calligraphy doesn’t get you thinking about the practical design foundations for use in logotype and editorial settings, well… we’re betting this will.
In this workshop, you’ll use your mouse and pen in a calligraphic journey to explore the warmth and personality of script lettering. Working purely in a digital medium, we’ll walk you through the characteristics and anatomy of script typefaces, and demonstrate how to specify, manipulate and build a mark useful enough for scores of design applications.
About This Workshop:
- Typography Skill Level: Beginning
- Adobe Illustrator Proficiency: Beginning/Intermediate
- Laptops, required
- We highly recommend students take Type 1 in person or online (or have 3+ years design experience and understand type anatomy)
- Members of AIGA and Wayfare: $175
- Friends/non-members: $200
Registration includes lunch and refreshments for the day. Please email Sarah with any questions about the event.
Hosted in collaboration with:
In-kind partnership from:
Your browser is too old to view this site.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade it to the latest version.